FOSTERING DIRECT MARKETING EDUCATION IN KANSAS CITY
新闻: 2020 APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR THE $1,000 EDUCATION FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP!
Know someone who will be the next big idea thinker in marketing? Who should tap into the power of data-driven marketing as they enter or continue higher education? 与他们共享这个应用程序! 申请截止日期为4月20日, 2020.
The Kansas City Direct Marketing 教育基金会 (KCDMAEF) was established in May 1995 by a vote of the Kansas City Direct Marketing Association (KCDMA) Board of Directors. KCDMAEF is committed to promoting and fostering direct marketing education in the greater Kansas City metropolitan area and is an entity independent of the KCDMA.
The KCDMAEF is a component fund of the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation and Affiliated Trust, the organization that administers the KCDMAEF and receives advice, direct and instructions from the KCDMAEF Advisory Committee. KCDMA provided the initial funding for the 教育基金会 and will continue to build its general fund through fundraising events, 纪念礼物, and gifts from individuals or corporations interested in the future of direct marketing in Kansas City.
任务 – The 任务 of the KCDMAEF is to build an ongoing charitable endowment of the KCDMA which will financially augment the advancement of the educational principles of KCDMA.
原则 – The primary purpose of the Foundation is to promote and foster direct marketing education in the greater Kansas City metropolitan area. 全力筹集资金, investment management and granting of charitable funds will be directed toward this goal. The Foundation’s educational efforts can include, but are not limited to: support of formal direct marketing education at local academic institutions; student scholarships, student and professor symposiums and workshops, KCDMA扬声器, 研讨会和教育
在1995年, Kansas City Direct Marketing Association 教育基金会, 被称为KCDMAEF, was established as an entity independent of the Kansas City Direct Marketing Association. The mission of the KCDMAEF is to promote and foster direct marketing education in the greater Kansas City metropolitan area, 通过奖学金.
We will be opening applications for our scholarships for the 2020-2021 school year soon. 多读下面.
What are the scholarship award criteria and who can apply?
Scholarships will be awarded based on merit and the recipient’s potential contribution to the practice of direct marketing in the Kansas City region.
To be eligible for a scholarship from the KCDMAEF, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or be accepted and plan to enroll in an accredited Degree or Certification Program in the greater Kansas City region.
- Be enrolled or be accepted and plan for the fall 2020 semester with a course or series of courses relating to the practice of marketing.
- Provide proof of previous scholastic achievement proving a minimum 3.0 grade point average or equivalent mastery of marketing concepts and practice.
- Provide a letter of recommendation.
- Complete the online scholarship application (see ‘你如何申请?’) to the KCDMAEF by April 2oth, 2020.
If you are selected as a scholarship recipient, what will KCDMAEF expect from you?
All recipients will be required to:
- Attend the KCDMA June lunch meeting (second Tuesday,) at which you will be awarded the scholarship.
- Submit a college life update for the end of the scholarship year (to be used in the KCDMA newsletter)
- Sign a waiver for release of your picture and contact information.
- Financial assistance in the amount of $1,000 per year.
- Eligible for subsequent annual scholarship based on:
– Letter explaining your experience of the last year in light of coursework and why you would be a suitable candidate.
- Support and Counsel of a mentor from the KCDMA membership.
- Special rates for attendance at KCDMA’s Direct Marketing Symposium.
- Invitation to two KCDMA meetings at no charge.
- Complete the online Scholarship Application 在这里.
- Send one letter of recommendation on your work or character to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “KCDMAEF奖学金 application” and your full name in the subject line.
- Submit your transcript, either by emailing the PDF or mailing to:
How will you know if you are chosen to receive a scholarship?
Selected applicants will be notified by the Scholarship Selection Committee. The final determination will be made in early May. The decision of the KCDMAEF奖学金 Selection Committee is final. Re-application is necessary to be considered for future scholarship awards (see above).
What is the deadline for application?
Your application must be received by April 20th, 2020.